10hp HM100 of any use to recreational machines?

I recall the Star jobs, but does any one run the "regular" ones? I have one on my snowblower, one on a gen-set, plus 2 spares.
I think I'll put the Star rod in the 'blower even after price went up on ebay, trim the head and clean up the ports, build a long-tube header. Gennie is getting a natural gas conversion, so a little more timing and compression seem in order there too?

I recall the Star jobs, but does any one run the "regular" ones? I have one on my snowblower, one on a gen-set, plus 2 spares.
I think I'll put the Star rod in the 'blower even after price went up on ebay, trim the head and clean up the ports, build a long-tube header. Gennie is getting a natural gas conversion, so a little more timing and compression seem in order there too?
I don't think the star rod will fit in the HM 100 . Pretty sure the rod journal is to big on the crank end . The star is the same as the HM80 crank .

Last edited:

joshua. c.

10hp Tecumseh's are really good for go karts they have loads of torque. I have an 8hp on mine and it can climb over anything and tops out governed at 29mph. they are a bit large and heavy for mini bikes but I have seen quite a few bikes with them and when un governed they make for a scary fast bike. I raced one before and my built up briggs raptor couldn't keep up.