12hp Tecumseh Problem

Picked up this 12hp Tecumseh, after removing the shroud I notice the coil mounts are busted!!! Seller gave me a brand new coil with it, but obviously the mounts are busted and not sure what to do. Is there a way I could fab up some spacers, or would it be a pain in the arse to get the clearances correct? Or am I screwed and need to replace the block? Engine was part of a package deal so no damage was done to my wallet. Thanks, Adam.

are there enough threads left to get bolts attached in each side? it looks like there are on the right side at least. if so i would try bolting the coil in the correct position with 1 thin layer of saran wrap on the exposed bolt threads and then JB weld around where the mount is missing. the saran should keep the JB from adhering to the bolts.

i think its either that or welding which would probably cost more than its worth unless you can do it yourself. even then your are drilling and retapping... wouldnt be fun

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I've seen blocks on eBay for less than $30 and the hassle of swapping the block seems less then spending all my time fabing new mounts that might not work in the first place. Thanks for the advice!