1960's Trail King retrofab

I picked this bike up last year from a single owner and ran it with the original 3.5 Briggs for a while until the carb started malfunctioning. I fiddled with the carb but could never get it to run to my liking so it was put aside for a while. That is, until I saw the $99 HF add and knew exactly what I had to do.

Sorry no build up pics, but the whole idea was to keep the frame stock looking while strengthing it for the extra power at the same time. I even tried to blend the old paint with the new which kind of worked. The motor and tank will be painted next after I clearance a little more on the tank. It's a bit dirty from riding it in the rain but here are some pics anyways:

Engine mods are simple: governor removed, custom stainless intake and exhaust from a 304SS kitchen cart (yea for free stainless!), custom twist grip throttle plate, kill switch from an old sled, ect.

Frame mods are a bit more extensive: new engine and tranny mounts and crossbars, new pivoting spring mount, adjustable chain and belt tensioners, triangulated rear end, flip down passenger pegs, bicycle kickstand, new bearings, and some cussing, ect.

Next up are new tires and some jetting.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the way it turned out. This is my first mini-bike project and I'm sure it won't be my last. It gets lots of looks from people and endless smiles from people riding it, myself included, especially when doing burnouts! Thanks for all the info to make this project possible. Cheers!

Nice! thats the only other one iv seen other than the one i took pictures of at a car show. The pivoting suspention in the middle is wild. The one i saw had a sidecar too

Thanks for the compliments! It's got a factory 2 speed transmission, HI and LO. Before with two people, I had to be in LO just to get moving but now with the clone, it can easily do 25mph with 2 people in HI and lift the front off the ground in LO! I would love to see that sidecar if you have any pics!