1967 Suzuki KT120

My boss came across one for cheap and wants me to go in on it with him. It's currently not running and has a flat, but it looks very clean from the pics. The guy says it ran when parked. It's CA plated (original black plate) and has a title. He's thinking it's worth at least $1,500 and I'm just wondering what you guys think. I really don't have the money to go in on it with him at the moment, but if I could make a quick buck it'd be worth it. I'm moving soon and could really use the money. I've looked around online but haven't found any for sale or that have sold.

Any ideas on a ball park figure?

paulhew

Looks very nice but I think that model would take a long time to sell at that price. Not much interest on that style 60's Japanese bike. IMHO
cheers

Looks very nice but I think that model would take a long time to sell at that price. Not much interest on that style 60's Japanese bike. IMHO
cheers
very wrong if it was a honda that would be 2500+ the market for vintage bikes crashed around 08 with the economy.

A junk honda ct90 would bring 750 now if you get 300 you better take it.

There still a market just not gonna bring the big money like they used to.

paulhew

very wrong if it was a honda that would be 2500+ the market for vintage bikes crashed around 08 with the economy.

Did you read what I said ? edit!! LOL Just read what you said !! Agreed !

Last edited:
Cool bike. None-runner? Be sure to check whether someone tried to bypass the CCI oil injection. That will ruin the engine quickly. Here are my two of my cousins on their Suzukis back in 1967 or 1968. That's my dad's yellow '67 Plymouth parked in front of them. I'm in the plaid shirt on the far right standing behind my aunt's red Dodge. The cousin on the red bike is packing crutches because he burned his leg so badly on the exhaust pipe he could barely walk. Gotta watch the high pipe on those old Suzukis. It can get pretty hot.

You can also look here for info on old Japanese motorcycles. It's not as busy a forum as OldMiniBikes, but everyone's friendly and there's lots of good info.

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group

WrenchDad

I cant talk for CA. but here in Pa. as a collectable you Might get $1500 but it would probably take a while. ( in that size) As a running, road ready,inspected bike for some one looking to buy and ride probably $800 -$1000.

Side note : I have the bike in my avatar listed on Cl for 1000 and I'm having trouble selling it. and it runs and is inspected.(it's an 85 454LTD ) I think people are just tight with thier money right now.

I don't really think it's worth the hassle since we don't know what's wrong with it. I don't have the time, tools or desire to mess around with it either.

toomanytoys

The CT90s 70s and such really have dropped in price.

I have my all orginal very low mileage 1970 CT90 that I paid a pretty penny for. But I guess the guy was lucky, I wanted the bike, figured I wouldn't find another so I paid 1500 for it.

As a quick flip, you won't get a return. But eventually you would.

Check out the old Kawasaki H series bikes- they still sell for a lot. A local shop here specializes in old dirt bike restorations, (it's like walking into a cycle shop in the 70's) and he gets good money for customer restorations, but doesn't do well with his restored floor stock.

If you found someone who had that bike in the late 60's or early 70's when they were 16, you'd sell it in a heartbeat. If that bike was local and around $500, I'd be all over it.

As a quick flip, you won't get a return. But eventually you would.

Check out the old Kawasaki H series bikes- they still sell for a lot. A local shop here specializes in old dirt bike restorations, (it's like walking into a cycle shop in the 70's) and he gets good money for customer restorations, but doesn't do well with his restored floor stock.

If you found someone who had that bike in the late 60's or early 70's when they were 16, you'd sell it in a heartbeat. If that bike was local and around $500, I'd be all over it.
Well said !!
I have collected and raced the kawasaki triples for almost 30 years, Im slowly selling it all, prices are still very strong for these bikes but some stuff has gone weak due to the introduction of reproduction parts and the market being flooded with guys getting on the e bay band wagon, back in early 2000 i did well and bought a dealerships stock of NOS parts. I was getting $40.00 plus shipping for the kick stand bolt. today i cant get $5.00!!

And like you said, restoring a bike to sell without a buyer is a risk, Restoring a customers bike can be profitable!
Cheers