1968 straight and fairly clean Rupp swing frame wanted

markus

Trying to help someone out that wants to restore his bike, He has a 1968 TT500, sometime over the years though It apparently needed the frame fixed or something and a 1969 frame was used (all other parts are '68) far as I know the frame interchanged between all models for that year that were full suspension.

Needs to be pretty decent, minor stuff alright but hoping to avoid any really rough and pitted frames. His parts are really nice, it will be a repainted frame, rebuilt engine, etc, but original chrome as his parts are pretty exceptional.

Can buy or possibly do some trading if you need a 1969 frame, I think he has the back wheel assembly for a 1969 as well.

worst case possibly a good 1968 engine plate, as I believe (unless someone knows better) the frame itself is the same minus the engine plate.

Let me know, I can either relay and have him get in touch with you or be the in between, He is in the Atlanta area so it needs to get there or here to SW FL.

thanks for any help, hopefully we can save this bike for him :thumbsup:

markus

The frames are the same with the exception of the engine plate and serial number
Thats what I figured, I've never had a 68 and 69 here at the same time though. I was looking at photos of the 69 frames and comparing them to the 68 C-350 runner that we sold the other day and didn't really see anything else.

markus

I have a nice, straight, 68 frame. I could post some pics tomorrow if your interested.
That would be great, I'll pm you my email so you can just email them if that's any easier for ya. does not matter I will have to forward them to him either way.

Thank you

markus

Do you need a swing arm? 68 and 69 swing arms were different as well.
Thanks, I will forward those pics of the frame to Reeve. Looking at the pics he sent me, It appears only frame was swapped out, swing looks to be the 68 with rectangular axle mounts not the triangle shaped ones the 69 had. I don't know what the actual condition of it is though as I am 9 hours away from where he lives, and he doesn't really know much about them either.