1969 Taco Trail 100

Up for sale is a Taco Trail 100 Ser# 9H2023. Engine is not original but is a 1969 5HP B&S (130202) which I understand is appropriate for this model. I added a new diaphragm and spring to the PulseJet carb, new spark plug, new kill switch and new throttle control kit. I got a replacement kickstand but I can't see how to hook up the spring so it is not mounted. Engine is sometimes hard to start and likes to be warmed up so I suggest a tune up with new points & condensor and maybe check the valve clearance. The clutch works but the thing does not like my 185 lbs mature male suburban cargo. Prolly would prefer some much lighter kid with no appreciation for fine vintage American craftsmanship to ride it, or maybe it just wants that tune-up.

Asking $550.

Last edited:
wow, right in my neighborhood! intrested in a trade?
Right now I need parts for my mini car. My MG Midget is down on power and a compression test shows a couple of low cylinders. I have a Datsun engine to go in there, an A15 but I need to rebuild it. I would be interested in trading for some A15 engine rebuild parts (gasket set, main & rod bearings (+.0 inch/.25mm), NOS lifters, GX cam and springs or other performance cam with springs, stuff like that. Welcome to the niche corner.