1971 little skipper snowmobile

richs

not sure if this is in the rite place or not here i have a little skipper snowmobile its a 1971 made by lori engineering they were only made 3 years from 1970 - 1972 and only came in red and gold it is all original the seat is in grate shape still has original track a few small cracks in the fiberglass and the front bar has some dings it runs on a 5hp briggs motor using a tork converter to put the power to the ground the motor runs just needs a carb cleaning im selling becouse i have to many projects it won a first place at windber minibike reunion in 2007 this would make a great addition to any collection there are more pics in my photos Im asking 800.00 and I live in frederick Md

sweet! I saw one in the back of somebodys pickup once without the hood i always wondered what it was. do you know if other companies made them with briggs engines like that?

fredrick willys sno dart had 5hp briggs if u look in my photos its the little red snowmobile that looks like a jeep they produced only 275 of those

I've never seen that Lil' Skipper, but it looks a little like a Sno-Pony...seen a couple WAY back in the day! It'd be cool to throw a Hirth 'Honker' in there and watch it fly!!!

zook94

The lil skipper is about half the size of the Lark, I have seen both in person. I have a Sno Prince Jr., which is the same size as the Lark, and the Sno Pony 180. The Sno Pony was original equipped with a Couparral 2 stroke 180cc engine. I had one of these engines for a while. The Lark and Sno pony are about the size of the new series of Ski doo and arctic cat mini's.

oldsledz

The Ski Lark and Lil skipper were vary close to the same size right around 4 foot the skis on the Lark may have been longer. But there was a longer 2 person Ski-Lark but I have never seen one. I have a 69 SnoPony like most of the early ones it has a 134cc Chrysler engine. I have also had 2 of the 2nd gen SnoPonys one with the 180 and one with the 220 Couparral/Solo engines

zook94 do you go to the Vintage sled shows? Maybe we have met.

oldsledz

Still trying to figure out what this thing called Snow is ? I wish I knew so I could get one of these !
Here is a photo the white stuff on the ground is Snow..........it really is just frozen water.

The main thing to remember when you are around snow is not to eat yellow snow!

Love the photo sledz. I want to light up a bike, thought I was going to get it done quick but then I remembered that thing called time. Or lack there of.

richs

hey oldsledz all the time you used to put that festive set up out you should have fixed the screen in your door or put the glass in for the winter lol :lol: :thefinger:

oldsledz

hey oldsledz all the time you used to put that festive set up out you should have fixed the screen in your door or put the glass in for the winter lol :lol: :thefinger:
It has the glass, my 2 year old Granddaughter was living with me during the summer and was pretty hard on the screen, I will put a new one in next summer.