1973 Harley x90

Hi guy's, I am new to the forum and I just picked up a 1973 Harley x90 and I am not getting spark. I am trying to trouble shoot it right now. The brake switch was missing so i ordered a new one but i haven't received it yet. I have read about the brake/stop light acts as a fuse. So my question is what is the cross reference for the bulb? And what about the headlight? Does it have to be in working order also? Can I buy these at my local auto parts store? Can you tell me what the cross reference is for the spark plug? If you have any tips for me that would help too. Thanks for your help......

The tail light bulb is an 1154 and may be the ignition fuse. In 1973 the stator put out too much power and it was common to blow the headlight bulb.
If you are not getting spark, I would check 2 things, the tail light bulb and the points.
NGK Plug #BPR5EIX

Hi guy's, i received my rear brake switch in the mail and i was wanting to hook it up but the guy before me cut the wires and put 2 blue connectors on both wires (green and black) coming from the front brake switch. He ground the black wire 2 the coil. So my question is, can someone post a pic. of there wiring harness were the rear brake hooks up? Thanks for your help.....

I will be home from China next week and then I can post any photos that you need. The brake light should have nothing to do with your spark problem. If the tail light bulb is good, slick the points a little with a file and see if you get spark.
Where are you located in Indiana?

Hey thanks x-90 rider. i put a scrap wire in place of the plug wire and turned the motor over and i got spark so i think it is my plug wire that is bad. So i am going to order a new one. Thanks again...