1974 Alsport Tri-Sport Trike

I have recently acquired a 74 alsport trike. I know nothing about it, but I would like to know what I have to do to get it running properly. When I got it, there was 15" chrysler tires on it. They had a 16 hp motor and had the chain going straight to the axle sprocket. They kept the motor and included a 5 hp techemsen motor. No jackshaft. Ive since put appropriate sized tires on it, yet I liked the chrysler tires. I dont think the 5hp can make em spin. Am I correct? Does anyone know what I possibly need to make this machine run?

Johnny

trinik7597

we don't like johnnylaw round here:laugh::laugh: just playing pics would help a great deal. there are some guys on here who really like the three wheelers and I am sure will help you out:thumbsup: welcome to OldMiniBikes

Hey Welcome to OldMiniBikes. I'm a Alsport guy and there are others on here that know a lot about these trikes. Post some pictures and that will help us tell you what you have.

Ok, as you can see, its pretty much a bare frame. I removed the seat (they had a plastic boat seat installed) as it was busted. The tires srent bolted on, I just recently aquired them. I liked the chrysler tires but am unsure how to go about setting it up. It looks like it was cut on the rear above the axle for a direct drive from the motor to the axle transmission/sprocket. It has spots for a jack shaft, and id like to install one, but dnt know where to find one, let alone which would be appropriate. Also, im going to get rid of yhe kiddie bicycle handlebar and Install a set of ape hangers off of an old chopper I built as a kid. The gas tank is just for looks im assuming. Looks cool, but not sure if I need it seeing as my motor has a tank on it already, maybe a reserve? I also have a headlight and brakelights, but no brake assembly. Did this model have brakes, or could I possibly fabricate a direct pull brake system like on the old gocarts thst puts pressure b on a wheel causing it to slow momentum? I need slot of help/advice :/

I would not suggest a tire/skid brake on this. It would have had some kind of drum/band brake setup.. Check out OldMiniBikes, link at the top of the page. They have ALOT of peices parts to get this trike going again.

The tank up front looks like its from a chinese pedal bike engine kit. Not original.

wjustice

I'm not sure but that looks like a MTS30 to me. That was a trike originally made small for kids. It would have had a 3hp engine and band brakes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wjustice

Yeah I was watching it but wanted one with an original body for my granddaughter. She loves riding my other trikes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Agreed..Looks like an MTS30 to me too. Ive been getting big into the trikes lately. There is a site i found where they sell copies of parts lists with pics and they might have yours. Its Route21TradingCompany...And yeah OldMiniBikes should have all the parts you need. I just put together a TS-110 and got basically everything there and just ordered parts for others. Bummer on not having the fiberglass seat, unless it came too, seeing this alot tho and i think theyre still cool altered. Heres before/after pics of my TS110..good luck with yours
:thumbsup::scooter: