1974 Cat all american

markus

Brother in law does not want the bike, so up for sale it goes.

1974, all American. original '74 3hp tecumseh which still has the curved shroud but uses the later model throttle, this one has a vin tag and not stamped on the top of the shroud.

I just had to go through the motor to get it running as the previous owner apparently had no clue how to set things. timing had to be reset, the points were fairly new, but were way out, the plug is new but was undergapped, the carb is brand new (oregon brand, adjustable) but the needle was stuck so that got redone, improper fuel line was on it and kinked was replaced wiring was routed correctly, real gaskets were installed on the intake etc... Head and intake were not finished for some reason so I blasted and painted them while it was apart and also polished and clearcoated the bolts, corrected the pull start assy as well. I also media blasted the tank and dye'd it black. Motor runs very good, not a smoker and no funny noises. I put about a hour run time on it with very little governor return and it had no issues running hard.

Seat is new and actually VERY comfortable, paint was redone on the frame, It looks pretty good but not show, and does have a few chips and imperfections. I have a can of the spraypaint used and I think it would look great with layer of clear sprayed over it. Wheels were redone, stars show very well, wheels look really good but you can see some light pits here and there (not rusted or rotted) chain and sprocket look new tires are new. chainguard and mounts look great (real one not a repro!), scrub pad is not worn through at all.

bike rides nice for its size high density seat helps alot!

$500 picked up $595 shipped. offering it as a whole because its complete, and "turn-key"...or should I say "pull start" but it will be parted out probably next week if there are no takers.

Markus.... Thank you. I appreciate you working with my brother. They are having a blast with it. Hopefully the ( big kids ) will let the little ones ride it . Thanks again :thumbsup:

Glad to hear this little beauty was sold intact.

Too pretty to part out.

To whoever bought it, enjoy it, and have fun...you now own a classic !

markus

Markus.... Thank you. I appreciate you working with my brother. They are having a blast with it. Hopefully the ( big kids ) will let the little ones ride it . Thanks again :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it! It worked out great, got the tractor, golf cart, etc.. ready for another summer of work up on our property up near where I met your nefew (gotta keep it all turn key for my 70 year old mom:thumbsup:), and I found a few mini bike things to buy as well:thumbsup:

Thanks!