1974 HS40 find??

Got this locally from a new mini bike friend!! I think is a 1974 mini bike specific HS40 that was off of a MTD trail flight. Has lighted coil, i think a Fairbanks Morse TC asymmetrical that I'm not sure will work with my 70 Rupp driven, also came with the big 2" pipe that i would like to use. There was a slip on muffler between the header pipe and the chrome pipe, is that still available? I would like to use it, it was held on with screws that went through the chrome pipe and into the end of the muffler. Probably going to reseal, slight mods, and paint and decal it for my Rupp resto. Any info on the muffler, engine and mods is appreciated!!

...has a square top shroud (cast iron flywheel) and a snowblower type throttle hook-up so I don't think it's a "born-to-a-minibike" engine...but I could be wrong.

Also MTD typically used V-Plex (symmetrical) drives not Morse Fairbanks....not to say somebody didn't make it work on one.

markus

...has a square top shroud (cast iron flywheel) and a snowblower type throttle hook-up so I don't think it's a "born-to-a-minibike" engine...but I could be wrong.

Also MTD typically used V-Plex (symmetrical) drives not Morse Fairbanks....not to say somebody didn't make it work on one.
no its right, '74 an later usually got these motors.

delray

yep...guys are right. second style minibike throttle setup and 74 would be the change over year.........:thumbsup:

no its right, '74 an later usually got these motors.
That is a mini bike throttle hook up,its just the later style the early style was different.
yep...guys are right. second style minibike throttle setup and 74 would be the change over year.........:thumbsup:

Allright take it easy already...I get one wrong in two years and you guys make a Federal case out of it...:glare: