1975 oddity currently on CL Boston

markus

1975 Auranthetic Electric. US made. Hard to tell just how big it is but it looks about the size of my Benelli Dynamo?
I've never seen one, have you??
Just thought I'd share my morning coffe with ya'll !:drinkup:

Antique Vintage 1975 Electric motorcycle 24v battery Auranthetic Corp
yes they are about the size of your Dynamo, it is a standard issue Taiwan made cycle that many companies used in the early '70's (toyoko, gemini, puma, etc..) Auranthetic had them modified for the electric conversion, they even made a trike model that was pretty cool. The electrics on it are of very simple design, they will run 30mph though. The tank is hollow and has the plug in on the right side and instead of a gas fill they hae a key and voltmeter on the top, but they are still the actual tank that the gas powered bikes used.

Only pics of have of one I had, theres a '70 Rupp i the background, you can see its pretty much the same size as it

Last edited:
Hey toomanytoys... Ithink I remember those electric Healds from the back of Boys Life or something like that?

Wow Markus! Thanks for the education and additional pics. I'm amazed that you actually have a couple of these!:thumbsup:

markus

Hey Markus? Any idea what the potential distance range was on a full charge?
They say about 30-35miles, I never finished mine to find out. sold it off with a ton of parts I had collected for 2 years (better chrome etc..).

What I did not like about the system was low speed was 12v and high was 24v, so the batteries were not evenly discharged if you were constantly switching back and forth. Not to mention thats all it was hi/low. Alot of people upgrade the electronics and if your into that sort of thing its no big deal. While I think all thats interesting, I was simply too lazy to try and learn something new, so I ditched the project :smile:

Brooklyn Bob

That one is one clean machine. That would be a headturner at a minibike event. I would like to see one going down the road. Wouldn't have to worry about bothering the neighbors with that one.

Don't think I blame you for dumping it, Markus. For a max of 30mi at a time, it hardly seems worth the effort. At least it wouldn't leak oil on the garage floor! :laugh:

I'm sick of looking at it everytime I look on Craigslist. Obviously nobody around here wants it. I wish he would put it on Ebay and get rid of it so I don't have to see it... It has been there for months... Where are you from Downsized?

I'm sick of looking at it everytime I look on Craigslist. Obviously nobody around here wants it. I wish he would put it on Ebay and get rid of it so I don't have to see it... It has been there for months... Where are you from Downsized?
I hadn't seen it before. I can't remember what keywords I put in this AM. I change 'em up a lot.
Lexington/Waltham line. I see you're in Natick? Damn, we're neighbors gumpit !:eek:hmy:

I've thought about it. Thanks fo thinking of it. I see you had/have a lot of them... I moved here from Groton, where there was plenty of riding. Here, anything that even resembled a trail or sandpit has been deemed conservation land! :censure: tree huggers...
For now, I'm out of the chair. I still use one if I have to do a lot of walking, like a car show or something. Spent a few years in and out of a chair while having wicked infections in my feet, resulting in a couple of toe amputations and removal of a bone on the side of the left. :hammer::grind::hack: I also have a bad knee and a kidney transplant, so basically, I'm a resto project!. As a 50 year Type 1 Diabetic, I'm just happy to be here at this point! Beats the alternative!! :death: