1979 Honda Z50R

I hope this is the correct place for this thread. I'm working on my Z50. I have a brand new Lifan 125cc manual trans engine for it. So far, besides the engine, I have the handlebars sandblasted and painted. I'm really making progress:smile:. Aw, give me a break. I'm old- and medicated/physically challenged. Actually, this being December, I've been pretty busy. After the fun and festivities at my daughter and son-in-law's tomorrow, I'll be back on track. My son-in-law killed and dressed out the hog today. By time I get there tomorrow the meat will have been in his cooker for a few hours already. I can taste it now. How many members are Z50 owners? Just curious. Post some pics if you have them. Thanks, Tim.

ive got one..doesnt look quite like a z50r any more though:laugh: i was actually thinking of buying that same motor for mine..hows it fit and all?

I don't have it on yet. I've seen bikes on the internet with the motor already on. I did take the bare frame and stick the engine in the mounts to be sure of fit. I didn't have the intake and carb on it, but at least I know the engine will bolt to the frame OK. I need 4 more engines like that one, except electric start. I need one fully automatic, electric start for my chinese chopper minibike. I need 2 with semi-auto 3 speeds and electric start for my Yamaha Chappys. The last one needs to be elec. st., semi-auto 3 speed, with reverse for a go kart. The Z50 is the only one that won't require a bunch of fabrication. I would go with smaller engines but my "fat rearend" dictates the larger size. I'll be a while saving and buying b/4 I get all of this done. Plus the fact that with my wife retired now and at home during the day, UPS deliveries are a little bit problematic.:smile: I'll post as I make progress. Later, Tim.

All of the clone engines mount in the Honda frame.
Carb may hit the tank or frame. Slot manifold to run cable between.
Peg bar will need to be spaced down or replaced with aftermarket, if the engine has a mainshaft clutch rather than crank-mount.
Pipe will be pulled 15mm forward, by the taller jug.
Millions of options for the Zed. Mine has had 30+ engines in it, to test them before shipping.

Hey redclay got to love the z50's.
They are a great starting point for all kinds of custom builds
I have two on them on the go right now a stock Z50r and a custom Zbobber with a 90 cc lifan
Check out my project thread Zzzzz50's

FirePowerMinis- "30+ engines in it, to test them before shipping" Do you build/modify engines for racing or something?

Rob, I checked out the Zzzzz50 thread. Loved it. I think I'll "steal" your Chevy Orange idea. I'll use orange on the tank and fenders, but plan to do the frame black. I saw one with a black frame somewhere(?) and like the way it looked. My fenders are "shot" so I'm going to experiment with cheaper fenders from elsewhere. I've started ordering and receiving new parts. Now I have to get busy :eek:hmy:.