1983 honda 200 issues please help

we have a 1983 honda 200 chain driven 3 wheeler. when we first got it it was hard to start but would run decent it wasnt riden a whole lot a few years later it has issues we had it going a while back it was hard to start and didnt run well. it would jerk your arm when your pull starting it and always has. now it doesnt run at all. it doesnt seem to be even want to fire and still pulls your hand off ect. and wont start. we have checked out the cdi plate a few times it has spark. its getting gas, and excess gas sometimes it pretty much spits gas. we brought it into a place just in case and they said they were not sure figured may be timing. as of now we are going with possibly timing chain or intake valve stuck open? Please any suggestions, tips, ideas would help alot thank you.

Oldsledz we did put a new carb kit in it. also if the jerk back is from the timing being off and it has been jerking back since we got it could of it eventually threw it off more and that is why it wont start now? would this narrow down to be the timing chain?

Dudlydoodleright We got a compression checker. we didnt have the right tip so we rigged a tight fitting hose to it. it read good and it seems to have good compression

one of my uncles, he doesnt know a whole lot about engines and what not but he said if it is hard to pull it means it has great compression and the easier to pull the weaker compression. is there any truth to that?

one of my uncles, he doesnt know a whole lot about engines and what not but he said if it is hard to pull it means it has great compression and the easier to pull the weaker compression. is there any truth to that?
Yes most of the time. However, some engines have what they call a compression release mechanism built on to the cam, which can make engines that have tons of compression actually feel like they are easier to pullstart.

Your timing sounds off. I don't know how to diagnose the engine you are working with, but someone should come along and help you out.

I would check the timing. You need to find a manual for it, That will show the timing marks in the flywheel and cam gear, They're pretty simple engines. You can get an aftermarket carb from dratv on ebay cheap. I had the hard pulling issue with one,and it was a very slightly bent intake valve. If the timing marks are lined up,valves good and clearance set,and a good carb,it should start on the first or second pull every time. ATC 185 parts will also work on the 200. I just scrapped 2 of those a couple of months ago.:doah:

I would check the timing. You need to find a manual for it, That will show the timing marks in the flywheel and cam gear, They're pretty simple engines. You can get an aftermarket carb from dratv on ebay cheap. I had the hard pulling issue with one,and it was a very slightly bent intake valve. If the timing marks are lined up,valves good and clearance set,and a good carb,it should start on the first or second pull every time. ATC 185 parts will also work on the 200. I just scrapped 2 of those a couple of months ago.:doah:
Don't be scrapping any kind of 3 wheeler money can me made off them. post any thing and I mean any thing in 3 wheelerworld.com and it's like parahnas in a bath tub