1986 Z50 Chromie - trying to resurrect...HELP!!!

I got a 1986 Honda Z50RD that I have had since new. I recently dug it out of my parents garage to begin a 'non show quality' restoration for my son. Bike has not been used in at least 15 years. Replaced a bunch of cosmetic stuff but as we all know, if they don't run right, it doesn't matter how pretty they are. Anyway, I etched and sealed the gas tank, replaced the petcock, new air filter, disassembled carb and cleaned every piece and put back together, new spark plug, new oil. Bike fired up pretty easily and idles great...here is where the problem starts. When I take it out to test ride, it has no b*lls at wide open throttle. Constantly bogs down when I floor it. Even after it warms up, it stops making power at about 40% throttle and even at 40% I have to ease it up there or it just bogs. I have been told to put a new carb on the bike but I really thought I did a good job cleaning it out (not sure if that was enough). I'm pretty much at a loss - I have been thinking it could be a coil maybe??? If anyone could give me any ideas, I would be grateful! Thanks.

Is the plug gapped to spec?

maybe mess around with the jetting on the carb if its running lean or something.

i think "factory" setting is like a half to full turn out, if my memory serves correct.

never had a z50 though.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Did you remove the emulsion tube under the main jet when you took it apart? you need to clean it and poke the little holes with a cutting torch tip cleaner?

Question for Neck...

Hey Neck. Thanks for replying! I don't believe I removed the emulsion tube you are referring to. If you have a second, would you be able to let me know how to remove and clean it? Do you think that this tube could be my problem?

Neck

Growing up is optional
First remove the bowel and main jet, next take the cap and slide off. I think, it's been a long time! once the slide and needle are out you can carefully push it through the main jet hole, that or it unscrews like the main jet and comes out. Just look it over real good, and be careful when you push it out that you don't damage it, use something like the handle from a small model car paint brush, that wont scar the hole the needle goes into.