2.5 greyhound - turn off motor w petcock on, and gas leaks out ?

Hey Folks,

My 2.5 greyhound on my daughters arco has an intermittent thing where you turn off the motor with the gas supply petcock on, and gas leaks out from somewhere near or from the carburetor :shrug: ?

It's done this twice now in the past couple weeks, so I am going to take the plastic shroud off that covers the carb, so I can watch it next time it happens.

So as of now I only know the gas comes from the area of the carburetor, and if you don't turn the petcock to off while that is going on, it will drain the tank !!

Given that I've not seen where it drains from yet (since the shroud has been on) ... and I'll have more specifics when I do remove it and observe...but for now, does this sound like anything you all have ever run in to ?

Thanks,

Robert

GustoGuy

Most likely the needle valve and possibly the needle valve seat for the carburetor float will need to be changed. OldMiniBikes sells rebuild kits for clone carburetors. Gasoline Breaks down rubber and that's why they start leaking

Last edited:

65ShelbyClone

It could also be as simple as debris in there holding it open, although with Chinese rubber, I would expect it to need replacing more than cleaning.