2 HP Briggs on a Snapper lawn edger?

I bought a Snapper lawn edger at a garage sale. It has a 2HP Briggs & Stratton on it. I'm not sure how old it is. It has a Magnetron sticker on the recoil housing. Do you guys think a 2 horse is suitable for a mini-bike?

I had one of those edgers myself and was going to use the engine, but unfortunately it was in to bad a shape. When we were kids one of my buddies had a Briggs engine with a kick starter on it that came from an old Washing Machine, I believe it was 3/4 HP and he used it on a go-kart. It wasn't as fast as my Minibike with a Power Products 2.5 hp motor but it did the job. What the heck, if it's in good shape give it a shot.

Eagle

I bought a Snapper lawn edger at a garage sale. It has a 2HP Briggs & Stratton on it. I'm not sure how old it is. It has a Magnetron sticker on the recoil housing. Do you guys think a 2 horse is suitable for a mini-bike?
If it's geared right it will pull you along fine, if you're not too heavy it should be fine. I have a couple of 2hp powered machines and I'm 210#, they dont take off at break neck speeds but will carry me along. More HP is always better but it's not always required!:thumbsup: