2 speed clutch

capguncowboy

I picked up an engine because it had this 2 speed on it. It has no markings as far as I can tell. it's 3/4" bore, but only the inner portion is keyed and the outer portion rides directly on the engine output shaft. The bell is 3.15" in diameter and appears to be much thinner than any other clutches I've seen.

Any clues what it came off of, or if it was even mini bike related? If it helps, the engine was a H35 sidepopper.

There is a thread somewhere on here about that clutch...seems it was from a snowblower of some sort which I don't full remember the story. I have one somewhere in my pile of clutches. Maybe someone will chime in that remembers that one.

I am pretty sure it was jeep4me that had it for sale or posted it.....I tried checking but after his 10th page of basically sale threads in the last year...I gave up the search.:laugh:

The shoes and the hub look like NORAM (North American) to me.

If you Google "NORAM clutches" you will probably find something close. I know they made industrial application clutches too.

I picked up an engine because it had this 2 speed on it. It has no markings as far as I can tell. it's 3/4" bore, but only the inner portion is keyed and the outer portion rides directly on the engine output shaft. The bell is 3.15" in diameter and appears to be much thinner than any other clutches I've seen.

Any clues what it came off of, or if it was even mini bike related? If it helps, the engine was a H35 sidepopper.

I find them pretty often on snowblowers. Pretty sure sometimes they say NORAM. But mostly they say nothing at all on them. What I'd love to know is how would you make use of them? How do you switch to the chain you have on the other sprocket? Or is this all done at the jack shaft end in some automatic way?

capguncowboy

I find them pretty often on snowblowers. Pretty sure sometimes they say NORAM. But mostly they say nothing at all on them. What I'd love to know is how would you make use of them? How do you switch to the chain you have on the other sprocket? Or is this all done at the jack shaft end in some automatic way?

That's where the two speed jackshaft comes in handy. It switches from first gear to the second gear automatically.

I don't think I can use this clutch since one of the teeth is cracked and bent over. Maybe it can be fixed, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it since it seems so flimsy anyway.

thanks for the replies guys.

Brian, I gotta give it to KKK since he suggested Noram first. I'm sure you'll understand.

That's where the two speed jackshaft comes in handy. It switches from first gear to the second gear automatically.

I don't think I can use this clutch since one of the teeth is cracked and bent over. Maybe it can be fixed, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it since it seems so flimsy anyway.

thanks for the replies guys.

Brian, I gotta give it to KKK since he suggested Noram first. I'm sure you'll understand.
Oh its ok. I guess SOMEDAY I'll get an answer credit.

Someday.... sniff

Sooome wheeeeerrree over the raaaainbowww.....

Heehee

Yours,

JT