212 predator running rich

My engine is running rich I have a140 emulsion tube and a 36 jet in the carburetor. I have not really ran the engine it only has 2.8 hours. Most of this time is at idle for break-in period is that why it seems to be running rich and it will cure that issue when ran at more RPMs. I also have high flow air filter and Robertson boat Loop exhaust

my curiosity made me look OldMiniBikes non hemi predator mud boat kit see advance timing key is part of a kit..

Last edited:
I have not really ran the engine it only has 2.8 hours. Most of this time is at idle for break-in period
Larry, That is one of the worst ways to "break in" an engine. You always want to vary rpm and put a load on the engine (read: ride the bike) as well.
Michael

Larry I'm not a fan of those plugs at all. They are difficult to read at best. My advice is to start with a NGK. As Michael said. Varying rpms is the way to go during break in in my opinion. Heat cycles help as well.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

To properly seat a new ring you need to build cylinder pressure by changing the load on the engine. Just letting it idle may glaze the cylinder and make proper ring break in difficult.