22mm mikuni or gx390 carb?

You only need a 22mm carb at most, they are good up to 12hp.

With the 24mm carb you need more head work, maybe a small cam, billet rod, billet flywheel.

You need at least a billet rod for anything you do.

Where is a good place in socal to get head work done? How much would it run? What parts do you have for sale for 6.5 clones right now? Where is the cheapest place to get a billet rod?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
AGK has them for $59, and he's local, so you get it in 2 days. He sells almost all the parts you will ever need for the Honda, and Clone.

I do my own big valve heads, usually bigger than what everyone else sell. It get's very expensive, and isn't needed for motors less than 15hp.

When running the AGK intake and 390 set up can you go carb straight to intake. Also do you have to run a fuel pump with the 390 carb. Reason Im asking is because I can't get my motor to run. When I spray carb cleaner in the carb it starts up but wont stay runnning. Float bowl if full, I cleaned the emulsion tube and main jet. I also sprayed out all the passages in the catb. I'm wondering if I'm blocking an air way or something with the spacer ?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I always run a fuel pump, but I have seen some carbs run from gravity alone. If the intake is long then you may need a fuel pump. But I'm only guessing that you shouldn't. There is most likely something else wrong with the carb.

Use the cam and carb from the 390, then get an air filter, and a header and you will have some good power to work with:thumbsup:
hey good idea bud, now you got me pumped up! the only deal is that the 390 here at work is on a concrete cutter i need to swap carbs and cam without the boss finding out hahahaha thanks guys for all the help

oh yeah 1 more thing, whats the torque spec on the cam cap once i place everything back? or would someone know where i can find a PDF manual on Gx motors

pull the side cover off and then it will make sense. there will be a washer or two behind the governor gear, be sure to get it out before putting everything back together.