24mm flat slide mikuni

Ok guys I took the 22mm off and put on the 24mm. The bike did not like it. The bike ran like it was lacking fuel I left the carb as it was out the box. My bike struggled to spin to 6700 rpm and it was surging on the top end.

It started up great and idled just as well. But the performance was not there. Any ideas? thx.

Jetting man. Which notch is the clip on the needle jet? You may need a larger main jet as well. Mikunis and other slide carbs are rarely set right out of the box without being tuned for the engine.

The fix

Ok I think I got the fix for my 24mm flat slide mikuni. The problem was it was starving for fuel upstairs. I started with a 130 main and 15 pilot and needle clip in center.

Heres what I tried, turning in and out the air mixture screw(fail) raising the needle clip to the very top(fail) installed 135 jet(fail).

Now for the fix, wait for it..................................................................I put the needle jet in its lowest position and the the bike screamed upstairs:thumbsup: Hope this helps out the next guy:wink:

P.S I still have a 140 jet to try out:wink: