3/4in. to 1in. bore in GX200?

I want to use a GX200 in my next project, but the 3/4in bore won't work for the clutch I need to use. Does anyone know of a mod that will increase to a 1in bore size? I need to use a Comet 40 clutch.:scooter:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You may need to have a sleeve made at a machine shop or something. I can't think of any place that just sells something like that. Or if you can change the center hub of the TC, that will work as well.

I would say call Comet direct and ask.

125ccCrazy

The 40 series driver clutch has a 1/4" key slot where the engine you have is 3/16.... You'll have to make a bushing and a T shaped stepped key to make it work..... Why not go with a 44 series?? you can get the driver with a 3/4" bore...

Are there any benefits/disadvantages to getting the Comet 44 series instead of a 40 series. It will be going into a Tote Gote, so I need that torque power to climb and just go!:scooter:

125ccCrazy

Are there any benefits/disadvantages to getting the Comet 44 series instead of a 40 series. It will be going into a Tote Gote, so I need that torque power to climb and just go!:scooter:
well the biggest advantage is that the 44 will fit the crank..... unless your putting out massive HP a 30 series will work fine..

A good machine shop can cut the shaft off clean and subarc weld a 1 inch shaft.

They will look at you like your from Mars and charge you accordingly......

Years ago I had a machinist who did a lot of work for me. He specificly rebushed electric motors, rebuilt shafts and bearing housings and now and then would cut and sub arc shafts like this. I used to buy standard T frame electric motors and he would modify them by cutting off the shaft and making them longer ( converted to a pump JP shaft ).

I can't say I recall any of these ever breaking or giving me any trouble. And some of these were significantly higher Hp motors than a clone......

So anything can be done if you have a good machinist and money to spend.
In my case it was more cost effective to have damaged shafts repaired this way on large electric motors and the standard T to JP shaft conversion was cheaper than buying a special order motor