3hp Tecumseh 2 stroke snowblower engine

bandit 40

I was not sure if anyone would take an interest in this or not, someone maybe looking to modify and use it for a minibike. We have seen it done on here before, anyway it runs great, and it includes the gas tank and key ignition. This has a 5/8 keyed shaft and will need a muffler of some sort $35 local sale , and unfortunately to ship it will be $60 shipped . :thumbsup:

yea its going on a bike. not sure which one yet. I'll have a few build threads up soon. I am really bad at taking pix and documenting things.

I have a few 2 strokes I need to start using. The neighbors are going to hate me even more. :laugh:

bandit 40

yea its going on a bike. not sure which one yet. I'll have a few build threads up soon. I am really bad at taking pix and documenting things.

I have a few 2 strokes I need to start using. The neighbors are going to hate me even more. :laugh:
yeah they will hate you for that Brad :laugh: sounds like a fun project..

What's an AH600?? I haven't heard of that one yet. I have these 2 Tecs, not sure what they are.
Bandit's engine is an AH-style Tecumseh...if it's 98cc, it's an AH600...there's a smaller displacement AH that looks the same externally, but the bore and stroke are less.

There should be a tag on yours with a model number and serial number.

What's an AH600?? I haven't heard of that one yet. I have these 2 Tecs, not sure what they are.
Those are the lawn mower version of the UNI block

That carb and read plate will fit on the piston port engine.

Add the high compression head off the Ice auger version and a tuned exhaust and that little engine will be has as much of its potential opened up.

Rods fail be warned....

Bandit's engine is an AH-style Tecumseh...if it's 98cc, it's an AH600...there's a smaller displacement AH that looks the same externally, but the bore and stroke are less.

There should be a tag on yours with a model number and serial number.
I'm not sure exactly what all is the difference for the model numbers to = an AH engine.. But I know for the (minibike correct) (old school) AH Tecumsehs.. The motor Bandit has is just nothing alike.. I'm not sure about block or anything but that would be like the end of the line.. Those snow blower engines were made in like the 80's... I have used them and they work good and all.. I just posted pics of these two.. First is about exactly like Scooterboys lawn mower engines (vertical shaft bottom reed plate) Then the other is ABOUT LIKE Bandits (IE came in a snowblower) BUT this one is OLD like earlier 70's, but transfering into the (newer Bandit motor style) engines...

The gray one and Bandits motors are pretty well the same thing, only mine is like 15 years older, and is quite a bit different.. Mine has a cast aluminum one piece recoil cover, the air duct around the sides is different, they use a different flywheel than the newer engines.. The plug wire comes out at different places.. The newer engines like Bandits are tipped back and the reed plate is at an angle (and I want to say lower) than the older engine that feeds in at a direct 90...

Not sure where the differences all unfold.. But mine is much closer to (Minibike correct AH engines) But is still a far cry from rite..

I didn't write down the model numbers but I know the white vert motor was Tec T XXX something with Power Products on the ripcord socket And the solid aluminum one is 70's and says Tecumseh model, L XXXX blah blah...

If it will help I'll get the numbers from them both.. :laugh: Not sure how much you can teach me as I am unaware what all is what.. But I do know the 1983 snow blower engines are SOOOoooooo far from being 1971 Bird Engineering motor correct it's not even funny... :lol:

They will work with very little tinkering though.. I am about to build (%100 correct AS POSSIBLE) Rat motor from mine.. :lol: I wouldn't mind learning a little more about them.. I still have the two (AH?? Tecs) in the chainsaws too.. :shrug:

OH and I picked up that West Bend boat engine if anyone wants to compare notes on those too..

I am finishing up a scooter from these old plans (1951) now. Might be too late to switch this engine into the build now though... (yes, I like the old homemade junk!)

anyhow, Ill be sure to post pics of what it ends up on. Thanks for all the info.