5.5 governor removed, how about new lifters or rockers?

would it be 18 lb springs for this size?

Would I notice a difference in performance?

what about rockers, would different ones give me a "chop" type sound, like with a radical cam?

18lb springs and 1.2 rockers will work and give you a bit more power. you won't have to worry about valve float with the 18lb springs either. the rockers will change the sound some since they add lift to the cam. my DB was noticeably louder after i installed 1.2 rockers (i've got a small cam too). it won't sound like you have a radical cam though. you can tell that mine has some work done when it idles, but it doesn't sound that much different than a stock 6.5 with a header.

you'll also need to get the Honda guide plate or modify the clone one if you get the 1.2 rockers.

18lb springs and 1.2 rockers will work and give you a bit more power. you won't have to worry about valve float with the 18lb springs either. the rockers will change the sound some since they add lift to the cam. my DB was noticeably louder after i installed 1.2 rockers (i've got a small cam too). it won't sound like you have a radical cam though. you can tell that mine has some work done when it idles, but it doesn't sound that much different than a stock 6.5 with a header.

you'll also need to get the Honda guide plate or modify the clone one if you get the 1.2 rockers.
I appreciate the reply, can you give a little info about a guide plate, what it looks like and its function?

basically, it's what keeps the push rods "in place". when you switch to the 1.2 rockers it changes the angle of them. i guess they hit on the clone one. i didn't bother trying to install them with it.

check out AGK or NR. they have a pic of the Honda one.