5" drum with flange...

Endo

Hey everybody. I've looked up and down for a 5" drum with flange for my Bonanza with no luck. The one on now is slightly bent and makes the chain fall off at speed. Any ideas? Thanks.

[MENTION=56592]Endo[/MENTION]. Use the @ symbol before a name to notify that member that you are speaking to them. [MENTION=9950]slow greg[/MENTION]

Doug

Endo

[MENTION=31879]CarPlayLB[/MENTION], I'm not sure if you got my question yesterday. I already have a new tire, rim, and chain all from OldMiniBikes. They sold me the 4.5" drum by mistake a while back. I will buy this 5" drum asap if it works with my set-up. I just don't know what a bendix break is. I'm confused thinking it's some kind of band brake. I don't want to have to send another one back and let down my son. Thanks.

CarPlayLB

[MENTION=31879]CarPlayLB[/MENTION], I'm not sure if you got my question yesterday. I already have a new tire, rim, and chain all from OldMiniBikes. They sold me the 4.5" drum by mistake a while back. I will buy this 5" drum asap if it works with my set-up. I just don't know what a bendix break is. I'm confused thinking it's some kind of band brake. I don't want to have to send another one back and let down my son. Thanks.
[MENTION=56592]Endo[/MENTION] the Bendix brake for minibikes is a 5" internal expanding brake. The sprocket/drum I listed above is correct for that Bonanza drum brake. Go to the pics in this listing
https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/bendix-5-drum-brake-assembly-with-35-72-tooth-sprocket.html
and you will see the photos below the main photo. That will explain a lot!

markus

OldMiniBikes has a 72 tooth #35 chain sprocket/drum for the 5" Bendix brake
https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/35-72t-5-sprocket-drum.html
Thats for a 4 bolt pattern wheel isn't it? thought those were from the Allied leisure kits (ALC part numbers :shrug:) If its for a bonanza it will need to be the 3.25" bolt pattern in either 3 or 6 bolt, slow greg posted the repro Bonanza ones that OldMiniBikes still shows in stock, rt1rac on ebay randomly posts up original universal Bendix 6 bolts, I dont see any currently listed though.

Thats for a 4 bolt pattern wheel isn't it? thought those were from the Allied leisure kits (ALC part numbers :shrug:) If its for a bonanza it will need to be the 3.25" bolt pattern in either 3 or 6 bolt, slow greg posted the repro Bonanza ones that OldMiniBikes still shows in stock, rt1rac on ebay randomly posts up original universal Bendix 6 bolts, I dont see any currently listed though.

[MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION], you are correct. The drum I got from OldMiniBikes is indeed 5", but will not work. The pre-drilled holes would have to be filled and new ones put in. There was no way to drill new holes without being mm's from an exsisting one. BTW, the one I got is NOS and really shows it's age. It was worth a try but I'll send it back. Thank you's go out to everybody who helped.

In addition, the OldMiniBikes sprocket/drum does not lay flush with the OEM Bonanza rim or the Azusa 5" rim I got from OldMiniBikes. Too small for the OEM and too big for the Azusa.