5 HP B&S Throttle Hookup Troubles

Hello i'm new to this site, i have searched the b&s part of the website, and i just cant find out how to hookup a throttle for a 5 H.P. Briggs and Stratton It's an L-Head. The throttle is underneath the gas tank. it's the kind were the throttle tab slides in a slot cut in the bracket underneath the gas tank

I am a little confused on were to place the return springs on this specific engine.

here is the engine specs

Model: 130202
Type: 0015 01
Code: 31102606
Serial Number: D-497747

any help would be apreciatted

Thank you

by pase all those stupid rods. take em all off. then just hook up the throttle cable dirrectly to the throttle piece on the carb. works SO much better!!!

5 hp b&s throttle

hey Im new to this too I have a 5 hp b&s and im having the same proplem because of where the gas tank is.I tlked 2 some ppl about this and they say u can take the gas tank off to work on the throttle.I havent tryed it yet but it might work.wht kind of mini bike u got?

i have figured out the problem, already. what u have to do if u keep the govorner on is take an extension spring and mount it to a tab made out of metal. the tab is connected to the back of the throttle plate. i just used a throttle parts kit and put the throttle barrel crimp in the hole of the throttle pivot arm. works very good, those briggs flat heads have alot of torque in them if u have a jackshaft set up right, the first time i rode it it was popping wheelies very easily.

my minibike was a frame bought off ebay. and the parts were bought off MFG Supply.

There's pictures of it under my profile pics.