5 hp briggs "hunting"

Just bougt a 5 hp briggs for my Boonie, i Can't get it to smooth out it runs best with the choke almost fully on. It hunts for a steady idle until it cuts itself off. I have put in a new diapram and cleand the tank and clear the jet with a tread of wire. Everthing seems clean.

Any ideas?

I soak all my carbs in chem-dip for 2-3 days before rebuilding them. There are orifice's and airways that you cannot see. After soaking for the period specified above, rinse them with warm water, then blow it all out with high compressed air. I learned this the hard way :eek:ut:. Soak'em!!!!!! And you will be happy, trust me :thumbsup:

whats chem dip and where can i get it?
Oops, droped the ball sorry. You can get it at your local auto parts store. It comes in one gallon cans for around 25.00 and 5 gallon buckets for 100.00. The one gallon has the parts basket and the 5 gallon you have to buy seperate for 20 dollars, I think. You tear your carb down completly, put the carb and all the metal parts in the basket " No plastic or rubber parts" and let them soak for 2-3 days or longer if you ain't in a hurry. I have had some nasty, gummie carbs look like new in 3 days time..................Good luck :thumbsup: