50cc sachs saxonette 2 speed

Me and someone elses Hercules Saxonette

Hi all,
I am from Ireland now but originally from England 37 Years ago.

I have come to this Forum looking for info on the above bike as it arrived into me (recently made redundant after 30 years in the small engine trade as a mechanic then stores manager) now doing a bit with my hands and head again.
I know nothing about these bikes but I had a Zundapp Combinette in the mid sixties so am familiar with the overall concept but, as I have said, I am completely at a loss with this 'yoke'.
I have taken down the info on the Transmission fluid but the drive was filled right to the top with what looks and smells like sae 15/40 or similar and there is NO drive.
250cc seems a lot and does it fill the drive ?
:shrug:
Anyway I would also appreciate any other info as in plug gap (Probably 30 thou I guess) it has a Bosch WR10FC in it at the moment.
I mostly work on small 2 Stroke engines (Strimmers Chainsaws etc + Lawnmower Engines) so can answer questions on those if anyone needs answers.
Glad to be here. I have browsed a few of the questions and it seems like a fun place with polite people which is almost heaven in these rude days.
Good luck to all