5hp Briggs and Stratton flat head questions.

I recently purchased a B&S 5hp flat head and it came with a different carb setup. I would like to replace it with the stock setup that has the fuel tank under it. I have searched and searched with nothing found. There were a few on eBay and they looked as if they were sitting in salt water for 50 years and that's something I don't wanna have to deal with lol. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks.

looking white in color means "white death" it was a alcohol set up . i have lots of briggs parts carbs & tanks

sorry call if you like 618-797-8896

Is there a different intake you can run on these engines using the stock carb & fuel tank setup? I just received the carb and fuel tank and I'm not in need of an intake... oh and the recoil spring broke so I'm not sure if you have to buy the whole setup of not. I really don't think you can re install a new spring unless you had some sort of tool or machine. I pulled the old spring out and it was like opening a can of worms..not very fun hahaha

CarPlayLB

Is there a different intake you can run on these engines using the stock carb & fuel tank setup? I just received the carb and fuel tank and I'm not in need of an intake... oh and the recoil spring broke so I'm not sure if you have to buy the whole setup of not. I really don't think you can re install a new spring unless you had some sort of tool or machine. I pulled the old spring out and it was like opening a can of worms..not very fun hahaha
The carb IS the intake ...and don't be afraid of the recoil spring. YouTube it and see someone doing it, then it will all make sense!

The carb IS the intake ...and don't be afraid of the recoil spring. YouTube it and see someone doing it, then it will all make sense!
I picked up the spring with assembly for not much more then just the spring. On the carburetor I only have that and the fuel tank. I don't have anything else. I'd like to run something other then the stock breather setup. It would actually be nice if I had a stock breather but nothing on top of the carb. I'm not even sure how the choke hooks up, it's there but no linkages of any sort.

2SlickNick

I picked up the spring with assembly for not much more then just the spring. On the carburetor I only have that and the fuel tank. I don't have anything else. I'd like to run something other then the stock breather setup. It would actually be nice if I had a stock breather but nothing on top of the carb. I'm not even sure how the choke hooks up, it's there but no linkages of any sort.
I think I have a stock breather set up still. What do you need? Just the tube or the whole thing?

I ended up ordering the entire breather assembly at the small engine repair shop yesterday but I probably will be needing the choke assembly if the small engine grave yard doesn't have one laying around.