5hp gas mileage

manco12

did u just steal that from gumpit
not intentionally :laugh:

I'll add to the list that no one else said then. Depends on tire inflation and type, clutch/torque converter, condition of engine, how many times you get stopped by the police, how many parts your're towing behind you in a wagon tied to your mini bike etc. That better? :shrug::laugh:

oh, forgot how many times you're sprocket falls off. So once I only had two of four nuts loosely holding the sprocket on... I was working on the bike and decided to test it, well I never went back to check the sprocket. Luckily the wheel hub has a large enough part of the tube sticking out to hold the sprocket on... the bolts didn't fall out because the force pulling at the sprocket. oops

I imagine engine mods can't be too good for mileage either once you get into the serious stuff. Each time you reject to a bigger jet you're adding more fuel. Which means more gas used "per hour".

I imagine engine mods can't be too good for mileage either once you get into the serious stuff. Each time you reject to a bigger jet you're adding more fuel. Which means more gas used "per hour".
Once again goes to set-up, and how you ride and some mods send mileage up a great deal. Stock 8.5:1 compression ratio compared to say a 10:1 is gonna be less efficient and therefore burn more fuel. more powerful engines tend to be geared higher so they can save fuel that way. you could probly get 100 mpg outta a WF with a tc If you were just toodling(easy riding) round trails.

delray

5horsebriggs, for example on the vt-2 minibronc that use a 5hp tecumseh. they claim in there brochure the bike would get 50 miles per gallon and the vt-5(little bigger bike) would get 45 miles with a two quart gas tank. vt-8 would get around 30 miles to a gallon. i think this would get you close to what you could get for gas mileage.....:shrug:.........:scooter:

5horsebriggs, for example on the vt-2 minibronc that use a 5hp tecumseh. they claim in there brochure the bike would get 50 miles per gallon and the vt-5(little bigger bike) would get 45 miles with a two quart gas tank. vt-8 would get around 30 miles to a gallon. i think this would get you close to what you could get for gas mileage.....:shrug:.........:scooter:
Thanks, yea mine has no mods and will be on a mtd 300 so I should get alot

delray

i like to do a gas mileage on my briggs project build bike. that thing must get real good gas mileage. i check the gas before the parade at windber and after coming back and the gas level only went down very little. some say it's a 4 mile trip and others say it's a 6 mile trip......:shrug:

I'm currently doing a gas mileage test with my minibike. I put exactly 1/2 gallon in the tank and I'm riding around town using my hand held GPS as an odometer. I'm going to ride until I run out of gas, I carry a small flask of gas that will get me to the gas station when I run out. So far I have put 22 miles on the bike and still have fuel to spare.

As previously stated the load on the motor and how hard its driven will make a big difference, also what is done to the motor. (Different carb in my case)