6.5 clone pilot jet

i re jetted my carb and have a high flow uni air filter on it do i need to replace the pilot jet i have an adjustable carb so i can adjust the mixture at idle it runs good with the stock pilot jet but do i still need to replace it

If it runs fine...then don't touch it.
The reason we run a bigger idle jet is because there is a small lean spot when the carb transitions from the idle jet to the main jet.
If you do not have a stumble or hesitation when gunning it you are good to go...

rmm727

i re jetted my carb and have a high flow uni air filter on it do i need to replace the pilot jet i have an adjustable carb so i can adjust the mixture at idle it runs good with the stock pilot jet but do i still need to replace it
That's not a mixture screw; it is a air bleed.

If it runs fine...then don't touch it.
The reason we run a bigger idle jet is because there is a small lean spot when the carb transitions from the idle jet to the main jet.
If you do not have a stumble or hesitation when gunning it you are good to go...
That is probably the simplest, easiest way to describe it. :thumbsup:

rmm727

Those are two different screws. Not all carbs have the air bleed screw. They make adjustable main jets but they are rather expensive for what they are.