6.5 hp governor

Hey, just installed the 6.5 and I have no idea how to remove the governor. Please help! Also, with cjtmini's adapter plate, does the original chain work fine and does it line up the 2 sprockets correctly?

Hey, just installed the 6.5 and I have no idea how to remove the governor. Please help! Also, with cjtmini's adapter plate, does the original chain work fine and does it line up the 2 sprockets correctly?
Governor removal guide: Affordable Go Karts - Govenor Removal

The original chain works fine, however you may have to remove some links from the chain, the kit instructions will show you how to do that, and you won't have to line the two sprockets up if you have cjtminis kit.

Sorry about asking the dumb question. Here's another that I know I will figure out when I try it, but does anyone know how many chain links have to be removed with the cjtmini kit?

bandit 40

Sorry about asking the dumb question. Here's another that I know I will figure out when I try it, but does anyone know how many chain links have to be removed with the cjtmini kit?
After you install the engine and slide it forward you will figure that out easily :smile:

Last edited:
i've heard people say 2 need to be removed. like bandit said, it will be easy to tell once you have it installed.

bandit 40

There is no Dumb Questions, if you don't ask how are you gonna know??, But Sometimes trying it first yourself ,you will get fast deserving results :thumbsup:

t84a

As for the governor, when I removed one from a Tecumseh, I only removed the rod and left the gears in. Why is everyone going through the trouble to remove the gears?

bandit 40

As for the governor, when I removed one from a Tecumseh, I only removed the rod and left the gears in. Why is everyone going through the trouble to remove the gears?
so it will not engage when accelerating break apart:thumbsup:, and leave pieces in the bottom, of the engine compartment

It's the only other gear drive by the camshaft. DA!

Man If I only had a mobile shop, I would be asleep from bordom.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

TTout!

rf;anhjgvrehgirehghqrghqre;hgoerhgoirhgorh3grqoighroghrghr;rhgrihgr;hg;rqhrg;ohg;r;qrwrh;ihriwehjriehgihiorh;orriorhiohor;hj;oh;h;orhorhohfohf;ohjohjorhjgforhgihiogh3ogh3rio4g30o49th34ohgohgorhg;gro;gh;gh;qq;fq;;qf :censure:

so it will not engage when accelerating break apart:thumbsup:, and leave pieces in the bottom, of the engine compartment
that.

leaving the governor gear in is not a good idea if it's not connected. i did that and it ended up in the bottom of the case and was pretty hammered.

that.

leaving the governor gear in is not a good idea if it's not connected. i did that and it ended up in the bottom of the case and was pretty hammered.
Do these governor gears brake apart that much? I just made a custom throttle connection cutting the rod that went from the governor arm and connecting everything back up.

The arm still functions but just isn't hooked up. I also preffer to make a custom throttle setup as to fix that problem where I can't hit WOT without running out of room on the lever.