6.5 HP Honda Clone w/ Charge Coil found...

fonz

check out the 8hp for a little more $$$. electric start too.
I believe the 8hp to 13hp Honda and their clones use a much bigger block. With the gas tank on they are 3 inches taller . The base plate is about an inch longer too with a different bolt hole pattern. cjtmini's base plate wouldn't work with 8hp and above models. They also use a one inch shaft.:scooter:

I believe the 8hp to 13hp Honda and their clones use a much bigger block. With the gas tank on they are 3 inches taller . The base plate is about an inch longer too with a different bolt hole pattern. cjtmini's base plate wouldn't work with 8hp and above models. They also use a one inch shaft.:scooter:
that sucks. :thumbdown:

I like that 2.5hp Carrol stream for my little girl! 9 years young 85lbs. What do you think? Both of those sites have nice engines!

Together we stand - Divided we fall! Mini's forever!

sorry to inform you those engines do not have the lighting coil they are just electric start. You need a battery to start it and you can run a headlight off the battery but when the batttery dies no lights or start.

Motra

sorry to inform you those engines do not have the lighting coil they are just electric start. You need a battery to start it and you can run a headlight off the battery but when the batttery dies no lights or start.
The Sterling says in the specs that it has a 12 volt 8.3 amp charging system.

Dumb question,can one buy the coil and then just hook it up to their clone? Or is there way more to it than that? I noticed on the Sterling site the parts are out of stock too.

Tim