70's Herters 'Mini-Evel' EK Tribute Minibike

This is a 70's Herters minibike. 5hp flathead Briggs, bushing motor. A few modifications, runs fantastic. Comet TAV-2 Torque Converter, less than 10 hours of actual run time. Super-clean, super fun.

I posted these photos in the past and there was no love for the wheelie bar. I understand completely, it looks far better without it -but it is completely functional. And, it's easy to remove.

Also have a small parachute to complete the sideshow, but never arrived at a good mounting/deployment design for it.

I did the paint - it's pretty darn nice if I do say so myself. If you want to work a deal, I'll paint a vintage Bell helmet up for you to match the minibike - in the class Evel Knievel stars-n-bars.... and 23k gold leaf work, as is the gold leaf on the minibike.

I also have the original fenders and a second Honda SL-70 gas tank (tanks are not actually being used for gas-just for looks). The fenders and tank are in silver metalflake, and could be painted in color(s) of your choice.

My vision was to have two sets of 'tins' for this minibike, to swap out and change the looks of it in no time flat. The blue metalflake solo seat comes with it, as does a 'classic' 14" narrow black seat with white piping.

I've only ridden it in one parade, and showed it in a couple of car shows. But, it does run. The 'speed' photo is my friend Lew making a test run. The minibike does an honest 43mph as it sits, but I think it is geared too high, especially when the torque converter goes into the overdrive ratio. The engine is strong, but can't pull the super-high gearing. A little special fuel would probably get it nearer to 50mph.

I raced go-karts in the 80's, 5hp stock class, and know that these engines really like methanol/alcohol !!

It has a shaved head, Horstman heavy-duty single springs, Horstman retainers, stock cam/lifters.

3hp flywheel, and the 'hot' electronic ignition. A thin copper head gasket, and that is about it for the changes to the engine. Just enough to wake it up and make it run nice.

Sounds great. Lots of torque with that TAV-2 ..... it will lift the front wheel without much trying, and it isn't safe for kids.

This is built for a middle-aged semi-mature adult.

Lots of good parts, excellent paint. I would like to see $800 for the minibike as it sits. $250 more for a really nice Evel helmet.

$350 will get the fenders and gas tank in show-quality candy-apple metalflake paint.

It's not for everybody, minibike purists seem to hate it, but more people looked at this minibike in the car show than they did the other Harley and 70's VW trike in the same display.

Located in Columbus, will meet you up to 200 miles outside of Columbus.

Shipping could probably be arranged, but would most likely be cost prohibitive. Shipping would be at the expense of the buyer.

Thank you for looking. I really hate to sell this thing, but it needs to go to someone who can have some fun with it!

I need to sell this minibike. Slashing from $800 for the minibike,to $600, if you can pick it up in Columbus.

The offer of the 'Evel' helmet stays at $250.

Down to $250 for the fenders/tank, in a custom metalflake color of your choice.

Thanks for looking!

sold sold sold sold sold sold