79cc Predator + TAV?

So... anyone ever run a TAV on one of these 79cc Predators? 3 HP (79cc) OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine

I have a couple koop-ons, and so do my friends and I... and I'm thinking about picking this little guy up for a boardtrack racer project. I figure I can get it for cheap enough. :wink:

Any issues with these little engines? Any hop up parts (not even really a concern, but hey, why not if they're out there?)

They look like they're tiny, so hopefully they should fit inside of a conventional (yet chopped) beach cruiser frame.

I'd try to find a gx100 3hp and hop up parts are available.

I'll be using a 6.5hp clone in my board tracker but I'm gonna be starting from scratch instead of a bike frame.

And just for the record, this shopping trip between all of us is going to be PURELY for what we NEED & not what we WANT (We have to drive the girlfriends down to a food safety class near Harbor Freight so we have to kill time). :wink:

mipowdercoater, I'm perfectly alright with leaving the engine stock for now (especially since CT's moped/scooter laws only specify that the engine remains under 5 horsepower).

Was just wondering about these little guys. I figure parts & other stuff would be easy enough to find for them.

affordablegokarts has some mods for 79cc engine. I didn't know gx100 had mods available, will have to check that out out. Isn't gx100 expensive?

especially since CT's moped/scooter laws only specify that the engine remains under 5 horsepower.
You mean there are laws for these things? Is this so you can run it on the street, or does the law state that no mini bike can be above 5hp ever? If you're in the country and riding on your property, I'd think you could do whatever you wanted. I would be upset about spending the same amount on a 79cc as I would on the 212cc.

You mean there are laws for these things? Is this so you can run it on the street, or does the law state that no mini bike can be above 5hp ever? If you're in the country and riding on your property, I'd think you could do whatever you wanted. I would be upset about spending the same amount on a 79cc as I would on the 212cc.
As long as you're running it on your own property, you could swap a sled engine into a mini & there's nothing they can do about it :thumbsup:

Only needs a seat height of at least 26'' & to be 5hp or under to be legal on the road in CT without reg or insurance (you still need a driver's license).

I think a 212 would be a little much on skinny little bicycle wheels, that's kind of why I want to go find the 79cc version & mate it to a small TAV. Maybe I could even run gears & a derailleur to the rear via a chainring for top speed & fuel economy (if I could get it to cruise at 35-40mph on flat, level ground, that would be super).

I figure the thing would barely sip fuel too. Just a fun summer project. :smile: