80CC Predator Throttle issues and general transmission issues

Hello, another question about my Blazer 2 Speed.

With a GoPowerSports 80cc throttle assembly kit, it itself works, all parts, with a returning throttle. however, the governor assembly does not activate the throttle. In the reddit comments of my video here, https://www.reddit.com/r/Fixxit/comments/15p7v77 , they say that if it was on it would be fixed, but it is not, it is an issue with the spring present. Furthermore, even manually actuating the throttle directly on the carb by hand results in no acceleration and a very sluggish response. And finally, I believe all of these issues may be in part because I do not believe the belt drive is catching the belt drive on the crankshaft. All it does is rotate under the belt and smokes after the engine has been turned off. however, all these parts worked fine with the old Clipper engine it had on it before. But that was on its last legs and i cannot repair it. If any help could be given on these three issues, i would appreciate it.

Because I saw the posting about governor stuff and proper safety precautions resulting in a ban, This IS on a stock, governed engine.

SAS289

Post a video with the engine running without the "transmission" connected. Show us engine idling then going to full throttle with the camera focusing on the linkage.

Looks like you are getting full throttle on the carb with the engine off. Why the concern what the governor arm is doing with the engine off?

Step one, remove the throttle stop screw. Start engine. Let us know if you still experience these problems.
You can put it back in later if you desire.
That governor arm should hold the throttle open until you start the engine, then it should pull it back to the idle stop screw on the carb.

Last edited:
Step two, figure out why your belt looks twisted inside out.
I am personally curious about the PTO size on your engine, and the size of the clutch/driver mounted on it.
Hello, are you saying that the belt drive is actually inside out? That could be, I got this as a basket project and kind of had to guess on which side of the belt needed to go on the inside.

BELT itself looks inside out in your picture. You need to fix one problem at a time, but that belt should just be removed while you work out your engine problems.

BELT itself looks inside out in your picture. You need to fix one problem at a time, but that belt should just be removed while you work out your engine problems.
Back from University and winter break with time to work on this finally, I've gone ahead and flipped the belt around, and it seems proper now :p.

Tomorrow I will look more at the linkage and governor and post results. Thank you

Back from University and winter break with time to work on this finally, I've gone ahead and flipped the belt around, and it seems proper now :p.

Tomorrow I will look more at the linkage and governor and post results. Thank you
Success! The throttle cable housing didnt give me enough play in the cable, after cutting it down and loosening the throttle linkage some more, I have a working throttle!

Now, after having sat for so long, the carburetor seems to need to be cleaned. I will grab that soon and post more.