'90 MANCO Streaker RestoMod

Should I keep a Tecumseh or opt for a 6.5 HB?

• Total voters
This is my first minibike rebuild. Attached you will find pics of the Streaker in original condition followed by pics as I progressed thru the rebuild; (the frame freshly sandblasted, then chromed. wheels in "as-is" then chromed). It is still a work in progress but will be completed soon. I hope you guys enjoy following the progress as much as I have building it! I have more parts coming in so I'll post updated pics as the bike begins to take shape.

ruby

hi mate iwas just wondring how you managed to get the tyres of as im finding it hard to get the tyres of mine
thanks

Split rims are usually easy to get the tires off :shrug:

I would redo the Tecumseh. I had a 3.5 on mine ( no gov ) and it flew.And I am a guy. My knees hit the handle bars though.

ruby,
first make sure you have split the rims by removing the three screws (manco rims) that hold the pieces together. then simply lay wheel flat on the ground and step on tire itself on the sides around rim to "flatten" rubber and break loose from rim. finally pull rim little by little up and away from tire, should come off, then flip over and repeat. I hope this helps mate!

Wow!! Awesome job on your Streaker LN666. I did consider doing a complete resto job but decided to modify as well, especially cuz of the handle bar issue. I have a set of killer BMX handle bars that I will be installing after cutting off the existing ones. And you are right, I'm leaning to keeping the 3.5 tec. I've read a few more threads that also agree with you on keeping it. thanks for the feedback!!