93 S-10 hitch

I have a 93 Chevy S-10, 2wd, regular cab, short bed, and a friend of mine just gave me a Reese hitch. The hitch the standard mounting plates that bolt to the ends of the hitch itself and those plate bolt to the frame on the truck.

I am wanting to make this a hidden hitch that tucks behind the factory bumper, would anybody know where I could find the plate layout that bolts the hitch to the truck frame so I could have some made and get this installed?

I know... I know..... This is NOT a minibike question...LOL!

Make a template from the reese hitch and build one or modify the reese to meet your needs. I worked at J&I hitch here in OKC for a couple of years and we made a lot of custom hidden hitches and used old GM fold down license plate brackets to access them.

toomanytoys

I'm just curious...why make it hidden? Is there a benefit to this? Or purely cosmetic?

I put a factory dodge hitch on my ram and it hangs under my bumper.

rmm727

I may be able to help you. I cnc plasma cut two plates that bolt from the inside of the frame rail that the tube from the hitch gets welded to.

My truck is lowered some and I just really didn't want to have the hitch hanging down lower than the bumper. I like the hidden hitch that tucks behind the bumper for a cleaner look.

The hitch I have has the plates bolted to it now but I figure I will have to weld the new plates on so that the bolts don't get in the way against the frame rail.