97 Geo Metro or Mini bike?

Looking to start building my mini bike but came to a coin flip as the headline indicates. Already got F450 diesel but sucks 16 mpg but any how a Metro is for sale for $800 that gets about 50 mpg. Which would you choose and why? By the way I live out in the sticks with miles of forest roads.:scooter:

I bought a CRV for commuting to go along with my F250 diesel.
Well thing is Im retired with not having to go to work and I dont really go places Im sort of a hermit at 33 yrs old. Already had a Geo just cant decide if I want to pay another insurance or get a Mini bike for when it doesn't rain to go to grocery store.

My commute is 8 miles so.....

As far as insurance, I don't drive far. I want to commute on my Super Bronc, but without plates, they get upset with me driving her on the street.

My commute is 8 miles so.....

As far as insurance, I don't drive far. I want to commute on my Super Bronc, but without plates, they get upset with me driving her on the street.
Well out here the nearest actual gas station is 20 miles and can be accessed by buzzing down the right away for half mile to a logging road for rest of way and lastly a 100 ft stretch of right of way dirt. Eight miles I wouldn't even get halfway to grocery store hehe. Guess I'm a outlaw through and through and it's easier to disappear on mini bike at same time insurance doesn't bother me it's mpg plus hassle to keep extra vehicle up versus chancing getting in trouble if that's possible out here for using a mini bike without offroad plates.

Just my opinion but a minibike is not a reliable means of transportation

On the other hand they sure are fun

Maybe a dirtbike or street/trail would be more suited to your needs

wow retired at 33.............UM geesh just buy both the metro will keep you out of the bad weather if it happens to roll in on you while your out and about and the mini is just plain fun and there is no limit on how many mini bikes one can have.

MikeBear

Buy the Metro, but make SURE you check for frame and body rust before you buy it, because those things are built by Suzuki with cheap steel. If they weren't rust-proofed factory or dealer before hitting the road, once they start rusting, they go QUICK!

I owned a '98 LSI model that looked nice, but if you got under it you could see it was rotten, and ready to go at any time. I sold it quick, as the guy who bought it wanted the 4 cylinder engine that the LSI model came with.

Last edited:
Buy the Metro, but make SURE you check for frame and body rust before you buy it, because those things are built by Suzuki with cheap steel. If they weren't rust-proofed factory or dealer before hitting the road, once they start rusting, they go QUICK!

I owned a '98 LSI model that looked nice, but if you got under it you could see it was rotten, and ready to go at any time. I sold it quick, as the guy who bought it wanted the 4 cylinder engine that the LSI model came with.
I know Geo Metro like back of my hand such as the frame horns that rust worse I even got a engine I bored 20 over with a reworked head port polished and bumpy cam. I rather the 3 cylinder as it's what I got paired to a 5 speed and told the guy best offer is $500. Bought it for that price just got home around 1 am after few glitches with wrong hitch to get it, it was too high up. This is my second Metro!

Loved the metro I had in college. 45 mpg if I babied it. 38 if I beat it.
I have modded mine from the cylinder head to the body of the car. Some of us can get 50 to 60 mpg. There is different transmission ratios, mirror delete, cam modifications, timing retimed, air dams in from, lowered couple inches, chunk back seat out with all plastic on interior, scrape all sound deadening material out from underneath the carpet and list goes on.