A good day in the barn..........

1stBxMopar

I mentioned to a friend that I am always looking for some Clinton mini bike specific parts and engines for my Cheeftah mini bikes. He told me he had a friend that had a bunch of old engines and parts and put me in touch. Today I had the opportunity to look around.
Although I did not find exactly what I was looking for, I did come away with a couple things.
First was this Clinton model 404 3.5 hp engine, it is not NOS but has extremely low run time, evident from the original spark plug that still has over spray from when it was originally assembled and painted...
Some of you Bonanza guys will probably recognize this engine as the one originally used for a very short time on the Bonanza BC 1200. Although I don't know which year or years this motor was on the Bonanza.. Look at the engine on the bike in the brochure picture I attached below...

I also brought home this Rupp Roadster2 with various parts missing and the wrong motor, but I just couldn't leave it there...

buckeye

Man, I talk to at least 150 people a week.
I never here of deals like this. They just don't exist down here.
Great scores right here.

capguncowboy

I don't know what our Mopar friend is doing but I've found that running want ads on craigslist brings leads faster than I can spend money :)

Good score Mopar!
:thumbsup: The drawback of a want ad on Craigslist is that 9 out of every 10 people that call you are wanting to buy whatever it is you're selling. I get at least 4-5 phone calls a week from people wondering if I have any bikes for sale. They always have "a couple hundred dollars" to spend as their budget, but want the rare, top-notch condition bikes for that kind of money. I normally just tell "yeah, me too!"

I have found a couple of good bikes through my want ad though -- so it's worth the hassle in the long run.

1stBxMopar

I don't know what our Mopar friend is doing but I've found that running want ads on craigslist brings leads faster than I can spend money :)

Good score Mopar!
I don't run any want ads because around here there are plenty of guys running ads and it's a feeding frenzy. Also, I'm only into certain bikes and engines. Besides if i did run an ad I know I would end up fielding calls from people selling pocket bikes and such....