adjusting carb on H35

Hey guys..just got my old Gilson mini out that has a H35 TEC on it. It starts right up, and runs nice..but I'm not getting much top end power out of it, and I have to keep the choke lever on the middle setting. When I turn choke all the way off, the engine dies (sometimes) How do I adjust this carb correctly. It has a screw on the side of the carb, as well as on the bottom of the bowl.

Here is a photo of the left side. This isn't my photo, but it's the same carb.

Let me know your thoughts.

Dan

I have a Tecumseh 3.5 hp power sport engine on my mini bike which has been sitting in garage for sometime. I now want to get it up and running. I clean out oil and gas and tried giving it a start but only thing that happened was gas ran through carburetor and out of filter (float took on gas inside also). Thats the first problem. Second off i cannot seem to find model info anywhere, seems to be sticker is to worn. Can someone pls help me in getting model info for parts and what would be my next step in fixing whatever is wrong??? I believe i need to clean out carb and get a rebuild kit, put all new parts, filter, float, etc???

buckeye

You need a needle seat and new needle. Maybe a new float too. Rebuild kit wouldn't hurt. They can be had from OldMiniBikes warehouse or your local lawnmower shop

buckeye

You have some numbers on your shroud? Most any lawnmower repair that sells parts should be able to help ya. Take the carb with ya.

I have the number off the carb which is 5123JOK and number off filter is 30727 but i can only find info on filter number hmm let me take a picture real quick to show you

Thanks number on carb is 5123JOK and number on filter is 30727
Heres a few pictures, can you help me find which rebuild kit, needle, needle seat, new float, new filter, etc. I would love to learn how to do all this stuff and hook my mini bike up, Thanks for your help.

jrzmac

Thanks number on carb is 5123JOK and number on filter is 30727
Heres a few pictures, can you help me find which rebuild kit, needle, needle seat, new float, new filter, etc. I would love to learn how to do all this stuff and hook my mini bike up, Thanks for your help.

this kit has the needle and seat:
Tecumseh 31840 Carburetor Repair Kit

Tecumseh 632019 Float

Mini Bike & Go Kart Parts, Lawn Mower, Chain Saw and Outdoor Power Equipment | OldMiniBikes Warehouse

I dont see the bowl:
Tecumseh 631700 Carburetor Bowl

or the air filter cover:
Outdoor Distributors - Lawn Mower Parts

these will show you how to clean the carb:

Carburetor Rebuild on 4-7HP Tecumseh Snowblower Engine Part 1/2 - YouTube

Carburetor Rebuild on 4-7HP Tecumseh Snowblower Engine Part 2/2 - YouTube

Thanks a lot JRZ!! I already have bowl and air filter cover, should I buy new ones?? So from my understanding, the mini bike has been sitting for sometime, the gas and oil was cleaned out and changed, when I tried to start it, gas ran right through carb and out of filter. Float took on some gas also. I took off carb and parts and things are looking pretty dirty including needle and everything else. So what is my next step? Clean out carb, install rebuild kit, new filter, float, etc?? Correct?? Anything else needed? What kind of oil should I use? Model number is worn off? any idea what model the engine is? Thanks for help!