Advice for replacing swingarm shaft (Quasi-Stellar)

Currently working on building this Quasi-Stellar frame. The only thing that is preventing me from finishing this build is the swing arm bearings and axle.

The axle is shot and I definitely need a new one. The bearings are a bit sad but I am not sure what I should replace them with. I believe there are four bearings. Two on the swing arm and two on the frame itself. What type of bearings do I need for this frame?

Last edited:

buckeye

There ya go. There is a real good tutorial by the great Kustom Kart on how to replce those babies.
Measure them. OD and ID.
I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I told my wife I needed another project. That's when the fight started...

flanged. The flanges are between the swingarm and frame.

You can either measure the bearings, or take them out and on the seal area there should be the bearing code("6201" as an example).

Since you have to take them out anyway, check the phone book and look for a local bearing supplier. Take one of them there and they can tell you exactly what you need.

The shaft is definitely 5/8". I checked that when I pulled the outer sprocket off which is why it is missing in the pictures. I just need to get measurements for the OD. Would it be cheaper to order the bearings through OldMiniBikes or find a supplier near me?

I have a few other parts to order from OldMiniBikes anyway so I am not worried about shipping costs.