AH61 Tecumseh/power products

markus

Picked up a pair of Tec/PP AH61's today. I thought they may have been off a twin kart but they are both the same clockwise rotation (they are mounted differently on the mounts is all) I would guess that maybe one was a backup/spare or something to that effect.

They both have great compression and smooth rotation, and both have spark :thumbsup: Feel a lot lighter than my west bends as well.

Dunno much about them other than they are 6.1 c.i.d, I would like to find some seals and gaskets if I can if anyone knows of parts listing or supplier than may have anything :shrug:maybe see if one will fit on my Mystery bike that has the west bend on it right now.

markus

with the six shooter sweet:laugh:

yea the only bummer is the one bike I am thinking of using it on I will probably NOT be able to use that exhaust due to the angle :doah:

Oh well, they are cleaning up nice though, I glass beaded the exhausts along with some other parts. Got both of them tore down to longblocks to inspect and clean up, I dont want to split them open till I can find some gaskets though! They both look good thankfully, and there was not heavy/sticky buildup so I think they are runable as is....well when I put them back together :laugh:

markus

That is rare to find one, but you found two Marcus!!
yea not something I expected to see listed on craiglist...at least in this area, it was worth the half tank of gas drive :thumbsup:

Thank you for the parts explosion, I had not seen anything as of yet. that is a big help as I was scratching my head on crank seals as you really cant tell anything from looking at it up close.

markus

Shined one up a little :pimp:

The tilly is in the carb cleaner, It actually was clean and not gummed up but since I had it apart.... I have to dig out some gasket material tommorow and try to make one for the reed plate to block and one for the header, I also have to load the pull start. If all that goes well maybe I can try to start it tommorow :thumbsup:

markus

hey, It actually runs :thumbsup: I obliterated a cork gasket I made for the muff right off the bat so there is really nothing there in the video (Its all I had for gasket material). strill needs a few tweaks on the screws but its gettin' there!

power products AH-61 - YouTube

You can look the parts breakdown on Vintage Karting Archives. The motor was also known as Power Products 1200 & 1300 series. P/N for the gasket set is 510219B and the carbs are either P/N 630831 or 630918. Might check with SuperXPower website or give them a call.

markus

thank guys, Bill I found a nice parts breakdown specifically for the AH-61 on the archives and printed it out, thank you very much! I also found the Rupp 1962 catalog showing all that dart karts using these in single and twin as well, I think I better paint the other so it looks different than this one or I am going to want a to find a kart to put them back on like they originally were :doah:

Ace, if there were AH-61's NOS on ebay for $200 they would be loooong gone by now, your probably seeing the little snowblower units or something :shrug:

All done :thumbsup: :

For $200, I think I'll pass. I'll go buy a used, quality 50cc+ chainsaw & adapt it & have tons o' money left over.

Otherwise, that thing would be BITCHIN' on a bicycle with a shift kit. What's the output on these?