Air Filter adapter for my Predator?

I recently purchased a Intake and air filter adapter for my Harbor Freight Predator?. The ARC Adapter I purchased looks like this:

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/6931.jpg

Is this the correct piece for the Predator? The bolt on the bottom side of the carb isnt long enough to get a nut on because the adapter is too thick. I hope I am making since.

Can someone point me in the right direction if this isnt the correct piece for the Predator.

TIA

I'm assuming there are studs coming out from the head, because there are nuts to fasten the carburetor?... If the new part is too thick remove the studs from the head carefully and purchase some longer bolts that will fit the adapter and go into the head. Make sure you get the same thread it came with and measure the extra long bolt you will need to add the adapter. So, now you have bolts instead of studs and nuts..

TT :smile:

hey, that is a great idea!

Is this a common modification that clone guys are having to do in order to run a intake adapter? I didnt realize modifications were needed when purchasing these products.

OldMiniBikes warehouse has them but you probably dont want to wait for an order from them. too bad they dont have some more info about what fits for a predator and what you need. i found out from some other member here before i ordered my adaptor

i kinda dont like the filter sticking out the way it does after installing the adaptor. thinking about making some sort of snorkel and put the air filter up under the seat. any one have some ideas about that?

TTS