Allis Chalmers mini bike?

45t

My family used Allis Chalmer tractors on the farm when I was growing up. I had no idea until I veiwed this site that there was a Allis mini. I think it would be neat to own one. Can anyone give me info (and possibly pics) on these bikes. I see there are two versions from the pics that I've looked at, one with a headlight and one without. I personally like the one without the headlight better. I also located someone that sells the decal sets.

The Allis mini is going on my short list of the next bike I'm going to track down once I'm done with the Duster restoration.

Any info anyone can pass my way will be greatly appreciated.

oldsledz

They were made by Gilson, and sold under the Gilson, Montgomery wards and AC names.

Is there a way to tell what name they were sold under? I got one last week and all of the marking seem to be gone.

Gilson and Wards had thin metal tags with tabs that bent through holes in the triple tree. I think Allis was mounted on the swingarm but I'm not sure if it was a tag or a sticker. The frame should be simular unless its a trail mini.

Gilson is hands down the most comfortable minibike you'll ever ride... in a comparable size anyways. Largely due to the tall bars I believe.

Gilson and Wards had thin metal tags with tabs that bent through holes in the triple tree. I think Allis was mounted on the swingarm but I'm not sure if it was a tag or a sticker.
It's a sticker.:thumbsup:

They came with either 6" aluminum wheels or 10" spokes. They do ride AWESOME, nice long wheelbase.

MarksA-C

Marks A-C has my old one on here. I hear they ride great.
Yup, Have that one and have the frame getting cleaned and a lighting could H70 waiting for it. :thumbsup:

Also have 2 others now, one with the wire spoke wheels and another that is a serious project. Only frake, swingarm, and forks.