allis chalmers parts

Hi I am new to the site, And currently have a mini bike I can not identify, And an Allis Chalmers 5 horse. The 1 I cant identify is fine so I need no parts for it.
My question is on the Allis Chalmers. Cananybody give me a belt number or supply a belt for it? Mine is gone and I dont know which to use with the comet clutch.
Also does anyone make a brake band for this unit that is a direct replacement for the original? If so can I get a part number or any other info?
I am looking foreward to contributing to the site and browsing the pages. Thanks,...Ed

Can anyone "help a brother out" :laugh ? I would like to try and get these parts and get this beast moving, I think she will be pretty quick with the 5 horse on it. Thanks,.Ed

joshua. c.

find out the center to center distance between the clutches and contact Blackwidow motorsports. tell them what u need and they shoold be able to help. they were the ones that helped me with finding 2 unknown sised belts, 1 for a go kart, 1 for my mini bike. (the one in my avatar). thats a nice bike and it'l definitely be fast.

joshua. c.

that might be a standard sise band they use on go karts if so its ez to find. whats the drumbs diamiter? il check it against my go kart and get back to u.

ELT

The belt size is 5/8 x 28 21/64. It's a comet 200420. Try a place on line called the beltpalace.com
The brake band is a standard size, try OldMiniBikes warehouse

The belt I had on it was 28 and 3/8 inches long, And it wants to pull like a freight train at idle. I can barly hold it back. That is with the adjustment as far back as it goes. Im thinking I should go with like a 29 1/4. Anybody have any suggestion.
As far as the brake band, I was hoping for a direct replacement. The drum is 4 1/2 inches in diameter. This is what the original looks like.
View attachment 46546
Thanks for the insight. Ed

buckeye

You sure your tav just doesn't need lubed?
Mine was doing that after 40 years of no maintenence. Once I cleaned and lubed to after many threats of destruction, works perfect. Your driver may not be closing all the way or the same with the driven. Just a thought since I had the same issue.

I took the belt off today, And ran it with out the belt. It appears as if my clutch is fully engaged at idle. Is this normal? Could the springs be weak and causing this? I am new to comet clutches and any and all help is appreciated. Thanks,.ed

Yes that ia a great source. I ordered the clutch lube and hopefully that will solve my problems on that end. Still need to source a brake band though. It would be nice to get this thing stopped once it is going. Thanks for all the help, Ed