American built 3 Wheeler - can't remember the brand name

I remember ads in the back of magazines for a 3 wheeler that resembled a Heald Super Bronc 3 or a Commuter. I remember them being two-tone in color, beige I think. They had 8 HP engines and a traditional Comet drive. I keep wanting to say the name is Quasar, but that's a TV. I've gone through what old magazines I have left, but haven't found any ads.

Does anyone else remember these? Is there a brand list somewhere I don't know about? This has bugged me for years.

They looked like:

The only thing I was able to find was:

Popular Science - Google Books

But its a B&W ad and there is no manufacturer's name given. Any idea about what year you remember seeing these ads?

Edit: I went back to the add and blew up the scan a bit and it appears to be a Manco branded 3 wheeler shown, if I am making out the wording correctly. Would that be it?

Edit #2: I did a search for "manco 3 wheeler" and checked out the photos that came up. The Manco is a perfect match for the 3 wheeler in the ad I linked to.
Paul

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. It was in the early 80's. I'm almost certain this is it. Where I got the name Quasar, I have no idea. :laugh:

The one in the ad is identical to the Manco 308. They came with Tecumseh, Briggs, or Kawasaki flatheads. Here is a pic of a 308. I have a 310 in pieces waiting for me to get back to it. Manco must have made a bunch of rollers for these folks or bought a bunch from them.:shrug:, or they were selling these out for Manco.

Where you been Jim?
I've been super busy. Trying to finish raising my son,grocery shopper, body man,parts running,painter,lawn man,dishwasher,secretary,gardner,housekeeper, and that's just for myself. Then I add in hauling tractors home, working on other peoples shiite, and trying to get some sleep,it doesn't leave much time. Right now I have 2 N tractors tore down, and starting the cleanup on a rebuilt third one to paint.
That's my bread and butter now. I've got more backed up, that I don't even have time to pick up, 3 more setting outside, plus a WW2 Jeep made by Ford to rebuild/repair for the neighboring ranch. Yee Hah :laugh: If it got any better, I don't think I could take it. :laugh:

nice Jim post up some pics of that jeep/ford when you get to it. those things are like gold these days. each little bolt with the F script is like 10 bucks :laugh: Not cheap to restore properly. better off leaving it as original as you can. Makes life easier for you anyway :thumbsup: