Another Predator Problem

I've been working on this motor for my friend for some time now. He brings me parts and so on. The motor is around a year old and never had problems starting until I started modding the motor. First I did the usual air filter, header, valve springs, gov. removal. The engine still ran fine but started developing starting issues. Would take around 5 minutes to start and that's with starter fluid. After that it would run great. He brought me billet rod and cam next. The predator black mamba JR cam. Installed it along with a .38 jet. Still took about 5 minutes to start but after that it would idle and run great. So last week we finally get it on a kart and he gets to ride it. more than performs for us. Let it sit for a week and it wont start at all...I checked the valve lash .003 .003 so I can't figure it out. Its getting spark, fuel, air. I decided to put the stock jet back in to see what happens. It starts right up, never done this before. idles great, turn the choke off and try and give it gas and it starts grasping for air, chocking. So I get a drill set and drill it one size up, will start but still takes about 5 minutes with starter fluid and when you give it gas it still gasps for air. I've messed with it enough so now I'm asking you guys cause I know someone has the answer.

Thanks in advance!
SJ

vwfan79

If it were me and with the mods you've already done I would just go to a 22mm Mikuni carb setup and be done with it, you'll be much happier with performance and such in the end.

If it were me and with the mods you've already done I would just go to a 22mm Mikuni carb setup and be done with it, you'll be much happier with performance and such in the end.
That was going to be my solution, Will the set from small engine cams bolt up? the one for the gx200

Yesterday, I put the stock cam back in, stock jet and a emulsion tube from a clone I had. It runs great. Slower but atleast it runs. I'm contemplating swapping cams again to see if it runs. I know now it's the carb and not the head or internals.