Any info on the Lifan 15hp?

C9H13NO3

Gonna start a build soon and this motor seems like a good deal.

Anyone used one before?

Thanks for the help
I don't think that engine has many (if any at all) aftermarket support. If you want a high displacement engine go for a 13hp Gx390 Lifan/Champion clone.

For what kind of bike?
Just your typical mini bike frame. I am gonna cut/weld and add about 6 inches of length to the bike.
Welcome. Gee, ya been a Member since 2007 and your 1st Post. Is this the Motor your talking about? :thumbsup: :biggrin:

LIFAN 15 HP OHV Recoil Start Horizontal Shaft Engine - LF190FAQ at The Home Depot
Thanks!
Yeah that's the motor.

I found a lot of info through the search, so I didn't need to post. I then lost interest for about 2 years. Now I want to get back into it.

I think this motor for $250 is a great deal. I could be wrong. With a header, nice filter, and drilling out the jets, this thing should haul decent ass. :smile:
I don't think that engine has many (if any at all) aftermarket support. If you want a high displacement engine go for a 13hp Gx390 Lifan/Champion clone.
I want to say that this lifan is a GX420 clone. Looks to have the same bore and stroke. Doesn't mean it is, but a good chance.

I don't want to do anything internally to the motor yet, and I can make all the bolt on mods, so aftermarket isn't a big concern.

did you check the specs for the size of that engine? it's also hahahahaing heavy at 82lbs. you're going to need to do more than just adding several inches to the length of the frame.

Assembled Depth (in.) : 19 in
Assembled Height (in.) : 18 in
Assembled Width (in.) : 20 in

i don't know if you've priced out clutches yet, but 1" ones aren't cheap.

did you check the specs for the size of that engine? it's also hahahahaing heavy at 82lbs. you're going to need to do more than just adding several inches to the length of the frame.

Assembled Depth (in.) : 19 in
Assembled Height (in.) : 18 in
Assembled Width (in.) : 20 in

i don't know if you've priced out clutches yet, but 1" ones aren't cheap.
Yeah, I saw those the other day.
Pretty much decided against this engine.

Probably gonna do a 6.5 clone with minor mods.

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
Yeah, I saw those the other day.
Pretty much decided against this engine.

Probably gonna do a 6.5 clone with minor mods.
take the tank off and exhaust im sure it gets a lot smaller,maybe a little lighter,
but yeah 6.5 is cheaper to build for sure,
starting out with 15hp is nice tho , really depends what your gona use it for i guess ....
out of the box torgue is big man! 18.5 ft./lbs. max torque
:scared:

take the tank off and exhaust im sure it gets a lot smaller,maybe a little lighter,
but yeah 6.5 is cheaper to build for sure,
starting out with 15hp is nice tho , really depends what your gona use it for i guess ....
out of the box torgue is big man! 18.5 ft./lbs. max torque
:scared:
Yeah, motor makes some pretty nice power.

KB2ROCKET

This engine is basicly a stroker gx390 once you take the tank and the other junk off around the carb it gets a lot smaller and a little lighter if you are going to modify this motor I would suggest a arc rod I believe a stock length rod will work because of the special piston with the high pin height (correct me if I'm wrong) valve train of your choice and you can trim alot of weight off the engine by using a billet flywheel you can also remove the balance shaft if you want I don't want to debait if this is a good idea or not but I do it on my engines because it's designed to balance at a set rpm everything before and after that rpm is on it's way out of balance.
Anyways even after you do all this your engine will still weigh about 60 lbs