Any use for stock motor after swap?

Considering the stock motor is pretty pathetic , is there any use you guys have found for these motors after swapping to a bigger one?

I'm thinking something like a tiny generator or log splitter?

i have a db 30 stock motor that i replaced with a hf clone. that motor is just sitting now. also have a badger 100 with the stock motor and promods j/s kit. lt still runs great but want to have another mini to keep up with the cloned db. the badger has been a GREAT bike to learn on for the kids. i have a small go cart with a burnt up 50cc engine. it was the first powered toy i bought for my daughter. going to put the stocker & j/s on the go cart for my grandson. should be great and even have a back up motor.

TTS

$40 on ebay
Or a great backup for mini or power washer.
Think you could get a pump and make a powerwasher. However you would have to do a little taking down on the shaft or the pump because the shaft is metric.
I do run my doodlebug clutch on a 3.5 briggs with out any grinding or shims on the shaft. The clutch dosent rattle or slip.
You can put a bigger key on the shaft to make the clone clutch tight.
Would make a great edger

Considering the stock motor is pretty pathetic , is there any use you guys have found for these motors after swapping to a bigger one?

I'm thinking something like a tiny generator or log splitter?
A boat anchor?? :laugh: A cool practice target for my .357 Mag. I saved oine to take apart and learn/teach what the inside looks like, take apart and put back together with my kids, ect.. :shrug::scooter:

Ghost, It seems to me that if a person were to take a small underpowered motor like; install it in a minibike and gear it way way down; it would have plenty of power to pull a kid around without producing much speed. That would be an ideal combination for a relatively safe "starter minibike" for a kid. Ogy

My son sold his (non-running) on CL for $ 80.00.:eek:ut: We did not even bother trying to get it running, as we knew the engine was grossly underpowered for our needs and we would be swapping it out for a HF clone. Considering that he spent only $ 30.00 for the ENTIRE DB in very good condition, I'd say he came out pretty well!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
The carbs on them things work great on 2hp-3.5hp Briggs flat head motors. :thumbsup: But I agree with Ogy, they are a great motor to put on a mini bike for a kid, just use a jack shaft. :thumbsup: